Finance and Administrative Officer at Youth Awake for Better Society
Youth awake for better society is a registered non-governmental, nonprofit organization with the determination to promote health care, create opportunities and lifesaving services, promote human and health rights, gender equality and education for vulnerable people. We implement sustainable projects that help the youth access opportunities, capacity building, enhance healthy living, and provision of care, support and treatment of STI, HIV/AIDS in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Finance & Admin Officer is responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of finance and logistics activities provided by the Operations unit by providing financial and admin support.
- S/he works with Program officer to coordinate and manage the operation and implementation of the project activities
- Prepare payment vouchers.
- Manage budget within the budget and ensure that all expenses are in accordance to the budget lines
- Control and enter all financial expenses appropriately
- Prepare monthly activity budget to the SR
- Payment of expenses, including per diem and transport to participants
- Ensure that entries are entered into the financial template accurately and timely.
- Arrange spaces for new employees making sure desks, chairs, etc.are ready for them to use on their start day
- Inventory and asset management
- Scan and file financial and administrative documents
- Prepare financial report and Bank reconciliation
- Coordinate and manage day-to day operations in the office
- Arrange for all office maintenance
- Participate in the improvement of the accounting system and thesystem of internal control.
- Ensure compliance with YABS policies and procedures includinginternal control systems, Global Fund guidelines as well as NigeriaGovernment regulations.
- Create all administrative and financial reports monthly as requestedby the supervisor
- Manage payments of taxes and other statutory payments
- Ensure that systems are in place to ensure that operations aremanaged and staff act in full compliance with local laws, adhere to contract/award and donor requirements, and comply with YABS policies and standard operating procedures.
- Coordinate the approved Activity Profiles making sure that materials, equipment, etc. required for the activity are organized and ready for the activity
- Coordinate procurement and engagement of vendors for goods and services
- Prepare payment schedules for vendors and participants.
- Properly code all transactions.
- Maintain administration and accounting files.
- Control consumption of project consumables (petrol, electricity, water, telephone,)
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor
Qualifications and Abilities
- Must hold a B.Sc / HND in Accounting, Business Administration, or related discipline.
- Master’s Degree and professional qualification is an added advantage.
- Minimum of One (1) year relevant experience, preferably with an NGO / CBO / CSO.
- Must have completed NYSC.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication, report skills.
- Must be a self starter, problem-solving individual with high levels of initiative;
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong internal relationship management and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate high level of initiative, diplomacy and tact.
- Experience with Global Fund and U.S. government projects
- Consistently looks for ways to help support
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Sound knowledge of Payroll management
- Must be flexible and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets, or comparable software
- Verbal and written language skills in English required
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Good typing skills
- Good memo composition and editing skills.
- Good computer skills with sound knowledge of commonly used application software
- Ability to Multi task and organize ongoing projects, looking for ways to become more efficient in completing tasks
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a one page Suitability statement and an updated Resume as a single MS word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 24th May, 2022.